Sunday 26 February 2017

February Favourites!



Hi Friends,

Writing up monthly favourites is just the best thing. I think it's so fun to share the best bits and things that have made me happy.

There's a lot of beauty bits and some life style so lets get cracking.





Number one has been The Little Book of Hygge. This is really different to the books I usually read because it's not fictional. The book basically explains the Danish lifestyle of comfort and happiness. Denmark is the happiest country in Europe and the book talks about the lifestyle choices they make, he food eaten there, how they spend their time... it's hard to explain but it's really interesting. One of my best friends is Danish and whenever I go and spend time with her I LOVE the country and their culture.



Other lifestyle bits I've really been enjoying have been tea and board games. That slightly fits into the Hygge vibe but it's true. Sitting down with a cup of tea and a game is really enjoyable for me and it's a great way to spend time with friends.



I don't want this bit to be too long and boring because I mentioned these in my January purchases, but from Tarte I've been using an eyeshadow palette and foundation. The Tartelette in Bloom palette has gorgeous neutral colours and are perfect for blending. The Rainforest of the Sea foundation gives me a really nice coverage and it's not too heavy - I've slightly fallen in love with Tarte as a brand!


There are a few other beauty bits I've used a lot this month that I want to whizz through! Mac's Electric Cool Eye Shadow in Gravitational has been a staple for the month. It's so lovely to just blend this all over the lid and it looks like a lot of effort has been put into my eyeshadow. The texture is AMAZING, I can't quite describe it... it's almost a gel to powder formulation, the overall effect is great. From Nails Inc I've used their nail polish in the shade Notting Hill. I've really been loving very neutral and nude colours recently, for all of my make up and beauty bits. I think grey or blush nail varnishes have been my favourites. 

A great piece of new skincare I bought was the UFO serum by Sunday Riley. I've spent the last few months purchasing more expensive skincare to try and get a good routine in place. I think I've often spent more money on make up and not actually cared for my skin enough so I'm trying to get products with really good vitamins and ingredients in them. This serum has visibly changed the appearance of my skin. My pores are reduced in size and the texture feels much better so I'm very happy about that! 

When in Edinburgh I bought (alongside the UFO serum!) a Mac Retro matte liquid lipcolour in the shade Topped with Brandy. Matte liquid lipsticks have been a favourite of mine for a while but I'm not very confident with dark neutral colours on my lips. I know this colour won't be considered 'dark' for many people but it is darker than it looks in the tube! I think it's the perfect colour for me. Last but by no means least is the Too Faced better than sex waterproof mascara which gives a lot of volume to my lashes and FINALLY stays all day without smudging down my face! 

It's been an interesting month of a few up and downs but March is a fresh start again and I'm ready to power on! I hope you all have a great month ahead of you.

Love & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment