Sunday 29 January 2017

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time!


Hi Friends,

One of my resolutions that I talked about in my resolutions/goals post was to read one book per month. This month I read one that I've actually read before but LOVE - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time! My parents bought me the book for Christmas so that I had my own version of it so I thought it would be a great first read of the year.


The book is by Mark Haddon and explores the life of a character called Christopher Boone. He is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. The way that Haddon explores and represents Christopher's thought processes is fantastic. My sister is Autistic so although I 100% recognise that these are NOT the same thing, there are some similarities between the characters that I have found so interesting. Reading the book from his perspective has given me a wonderful insight into Aspergers Syndrome, which I never had before.

I would highly recommend this one for anyone who wants something very gripping, interesting, but easy to read.

I hope that you enjoyed this quick review - I know reading isn't everyones thing but I'm very happy that I've managed to read a book this month and I'm looking forward to starting my next one!

Love & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment