Thursday 12 January 2017

Exploring Iceland...



Hi Friends,

I used to post about traveling quite often! I realised that in 2015 I went abroad 5 times and that is AMAZING. Traveling is one of my favourite things that I'm lucky enough to be able to experience and I definitely save up a lot of my money to be able to do it.


One of the most amazing opportunities I was given in October was to go on a 4 day tour of Iceland and it was BEAUTIFUL. I've never been to a country like that before and I'm so happy that I was asked to go.

SO if you ever go to Iceland here are my recommendations..



1) You've got to go to the Blue Lagoon. This is a natural geo-thermal pool. That means that it's heated naturally but the ground. It was absolutely FREEZING in October so when I stepped out in my swimming costume I thought I was going to turn into an actual snow queen... (perhaps my inner Elsa coming out). Turns out once you get in the pool it's like an amazing bath. The one thing I would recommend is NOT getting your hair wet and taking a LOT of moisturiser because the water is so so so drying.



2) Go on the Golden Circle tour. The views are absolutely stunning, as I'm sure you can see! As we were on the tour it began to snow which was so magical and made me feel so lucky.



3) TRY to see the Northern Lights. It's actually much harder than you think but we were able to see them one evening. We left the hotel at 9pm (my bed time...) and got back by 12. The lights were so fleeting, suddenly we looked up and saw this amazing striped effect but it was only there for about 5 minutes. It's been on my bucket list to see the Northern Lights for a REALLY long time so I was thrilled that happened.



4) Go on a glacial walk. I don't think it necessarily matters which company you go with but walking on a glacier is fantastic. I was actually quite nervous to do this because I've never gone skiing or anything like that but I ended up loving it, definitely a huge highlight of the trip.



5) Explore Reykjavik. It's a very small town and I wouldn't recommend more than 1 day doing that but it was really nice to go to the top of the Cathedral and see the view of the town. It's so colorful and bright.




And that's it folks! Iceland is great for a holiday exploring and relaxing at the same time. It's not a beach holiday so if you're wanting somewhere hot I wouldn't recommend it but if you want to freeze and see some beautiful views - this is the one!

Love & hugs,




No comments:

Post a Comment