Sunday 25 September 2016

Some lovely new things...



Hi friends :)

I thought today it would be fun to chat about some new products I've bought/been given over the last month. There's been a bloody lot of them and they're all relatively recent so it's a slight haul, slight first impressions. LET'S GO!


In one of my fun Tesco shops I bought this diary and mug. These aren't things I normally talk about, but it's really nice to have a diary. It's pretty small, as you can see against the mug, which means that I can write a page a day and feel much much better to just have written down my main thoughts of the day without having to write pages and pages. I also bought my partner this adorable mug. We don't really address each other by our first names, we call each other 'Hunnie' always, so I thought this mug was appropriate. This is also from Tesco and I think it's lovely. 


My two favourite girls went to America recently and brought me back gifts which they then refused to let me pay for. I'm so grateful because they really are extremely lovely presents, my friends are too generous. One got me the Elizabeth and james Nirvana white perfume. This is without a doubt my all time favourite perfume and this is my third rollerball of it. The box says that the scent is 'Muget Peony Musk', whatever that means - it's fantastic. My other friend bought me the Bath and Bodyworks Leaves candle - my favourite candle ever too! This one smells like: crisp red apple, golden nectar and warm clove spice. Not everyone likes the smell of these candles but I think it's amazing. Lastly on the 'smells' front, I've been loving the Zoella Sweet Inspirations body mist. I typically don't reach for 'sweet' scents but this one is a bit different and I'm not even entirely sure why!


I made an order with Space NK and realised that I would get this nail polish for £1 due to a discount code I had in stead of paying an extra £4 for shipping! It's a Nails inc polish in 'Primrose Street' and the iridescence is beautiful. When it arrived I was pretty convinced that it would be one of those colours that wouldn't build up and I would never get around to using it. I was mistaken, I've been wearing it for half a week and it hasn't chipped once. I'm not 100% sure how that has happened, as my job is very practical, constantly using my hands and my nails normally chip within a day. Another great purchase has been a Steam Cream. These are my all time favourite moisturizers and they always come in different packaging. My family friends gifted this to me once and since then I haven't really used much of anything else! It's extremely light and you can tell that it is infused with water as it doesn't feel like it's clogging up your pores at all! 


Now when I saw this on the L'Oreal counter I got extremely excited and bought it straight away. I've used it a couple of times and I LOVE the feeling it gives my skin. There's a lot of uses in each pot of it and I think once a week is the right amount of time for it to benefit your skin. I've wanted a clay mask for ages and now I've got one! 


This is a bit of a fun mix of face products. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light is really lightweight and gives a really nice finish. It's not as concealing as other powders I'm used to but it suits my complexion. I've been putting it on top of the Rimmel Fresher Skin foundation. I bought this when out shopping with my friend and we both decided to try it. It's quite a thin consistency but I've really enjoyed wearing it over the past week because it lasts really well over the day. I've also been using the I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts triple baked blusher in peachy keen heart. This is a total copy cat of the Too Faced blushes but I thought I'd give it a go because it's so cheap and my god, it's gorgeous. The packaging is great fun and the colour is right up my street, I'm very into peaches for blusher recently. 


Lastly, but not least, the eye section. My friend has constantly told me how good the Collection eye brow kit is and recently I decided to pick up the 'Blonde' kit. You can already see in the photo how much I've used the far left colour. It's really quick and easy and it's not too dark for my pale colouring! I also finally got my hands on the Nars eyeshadow duo in Isolde this month which I've been trying to get for almost 3 years. I know, ridiculous. The gold colours go so well against my blue eyes and I haven't worn any other eyeshadow since. They look particularly great over the top of the Max Factor excess shimmer base in the colour Bronze. It's a bit darker than most bases I use but is right for these shadows. Last, but by no means least, I bought the Topshop eyeshadow in the shade 'Wax and Wane'...what an odd name. Topshop isn't somewhere I normally look for make up in, but I saw this colour as my sister was paying and thought it was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't get it at the time but had to go back and get it on another date because it stuck in my head as something really unique that I didn't have. It doesn't look like anything special in the photo but I assure you, in person it's beautiful. 

That is the longest most rambly post. I apologise! 

I hope you're all having a really relaxing sunday.

Love & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment