Friday 3 June 2016

My Journal Update!


Hi Friends,

It's been a while but I've done more work in my journal circle. I have about 4 pages left which is crazy! I thought I'd give you an update of what I've been working on this week. 


This is actually a sneaky little way to give you a bit of a 'life' update. I handed in my biggest assignment of the year last week for my History of Art degree. I get terrible anxiety and stress around degree work because I think I have high expectations of myself. This gets even worse because everyone around me ALSO have high expectations of me. As soon as it was handed in I realised that I needed to get back to working on my portfolio. 

This Autumn I need to be applying to teach art which is a TERRIFYING but exhilarating prospect. I've been working in an art department at a school for a few years but I know that as soon as my degree is finished I want to be teaching full time. I set out everything that I want to achieve within my portfolio and then separated this work by week until the end of the summer. Last week I had to complete this journal and although I still have a couple of pages left, I think it's complete enough. 

I wanted to try some new things and different styles. Although not every page works well I really enjoyed the creative process and learnt that watercolor paint doesn't hate me as much as I hate it. I hope you enjoy :) 




If you got this far well done for reading my ramble. I hope you've all had a great week!

Love & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment