Tuesday 19 April 2016

An Interview with Diagon Sally!

Hi everyone, 

It’s me Sally from DiagonSally. Lucy and I decided to do a collaboration where we asked each other fifteen questions about ourselves. If you’re interested in reading her answers, head over to my blog at http://www.diagonsally.com



1. If you had to pick an ultimate favourite out of the Harry Potter books which would it be and why?

 My favourite Harry Potter book would be either the Half Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows. I just found it so exciting learning about Snape being the Half Blood Prince. I also loved learning more about the Black family and the scene with Harry and Dumbledore trying to get the horcrux. Deathly Hallows was just an amazing way to summarise the book series and I couldn’t have thought of a better ending. 

2. What are your necessities for your handbag? 

My necessities are, my Burts Bees lip balm (I can’t stand the feeling of dry lips), some tissues for my allergies, mints and my sunglasses.

3. What is your camera preference?

I don’t really have one though I’m a Canon girl rather than Nikon.. :D I’ve always been told the best camera you have is the one you have with you which in some cases is my iPhone though I’m quite fond of old vintage camera’s and their lenses like Leica and Meyer-Trioplan.  

4. If you could be included in any dance show around the world which would it be?

 I used to dream of dancing the ballet La Bayadere with the Bolshoi Theatre in Russia! Such a beautiful ballet and still one of my favourites.

5. What is the most sentimental gift you've ever received? 

This is going to sound weird but my Grand Pa’s old napkin ring. I never really got to know him as he now has dementia but when my Grand Ma gave it to much I just thought it was so special. It’s something he cherished as it was given to him and now it’s something I’ll cherish and think of him whenever I look at it.

6. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken and what did you learn from it?

I’m not really sure what my biggest risk is actually. Maybe starting my Bachelor’s course and stopping dancing which I had trained for a long time. It was a really hard choice which involved a lot of tears! I still don’t not at the end of the journey though so I’m not 100% sure but I’m currently really enjoying it.

7. What are your all time top three holy grail products? 

My Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser, Maybelline Lash Sensation mascara (This is a new favourite!) and Burts Bees lip balm! All about that hydration haha! 

8. Your Instagram is GOALS - what is your favourite filter? Or do you edit your photos on a different software?

Ahh thank you so much! I don’t really use the Instagram filters. I generally use VSCO cam or Afterlight just because back in the day, you couldn’t adjust the Instagram filters like you can now. VSCO cam is really good at organising your photos too so you can see what they’ll look like in a grid before you publish them if you’re picky like me! Some of my photos are edited in Lightroom or Photoshop too.

9. What book are you reading at the moment?

I’m currently reading The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley but it’s a challenging read to be honest. About 1000 pages written in Middle English. Still, I’m obsessed with these kind of books so I’m getting there!

10. What age were you when you started dancing?

I started dancing when I was about nine, as in started taking ballet classes but before that, I would dance around the house and choreograph dances with one of my best friends! I also wanted to be a rhythmic gymnast so I’d prance around with hoola hoops and ribbons. 

11. What advice would you give to new bloggers?

So bizzarre, I still consider myself a new blogger even though my blog just turned one! I’d say, blog what YOU want to blog not what you think others want to read. I think it’s most important to be honest with yourself, especially if it’s a personal blog you’ve got. Also to find your own style in blogging and taking photos, it’s great to take inspiration but I think blogging is a great way to learn and discover yourself.

12. If your house was burning down what are the three items you would save?

Just making sure my cat is already out, right?! Then I’d take my hard drive, one of my photo albums of baby pictures and really precious photos of my family and (glances around) my phone I suppose so I can make phone calls.

13. You photography really inspires me. What is your favourite photo that you've taken?

My favourite photo is probably this one: http://bit.ly/23nbbG0 . I actually don’t know if it’s my best photo but I just remember being so happy when I took it so when I look at it, it almost brings all these emotions back to life. I also think you can make up your own story when you look at it as the human and dog are almost anonymous.

14. If you could play one character in the Harry Potter films who would you want to be?

I’d love to have played someone like Luna or Bellatrix in Harry Potter - both such different characters but both characters have no fear it what others think of them. I also love how they’re both a little ‘odd’ but incredibly intelligent. When I was younger and we’d pretend to act as characters, all my friends would make me be Cho Chang.

15. If you could only shop in one shop for the rest of your life what would it be? 

Ahhhh no, that would be horrible haha! I’d have to say Marks and Spencer just because they have food, clothes and accessories haha! Is that cheating?


I hope you enjoyed reading Sally's answers, I've been following her blog for a while now and it's absolutely fantastic - please head over to hers and give it a read! 

Love & hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment