Sunday 6 March 2016

Advice to my younger self...


Hi Friends,

Today I thought it would be fun to talk about the best advice I would give to my younger self. I know I'm not exactly ancient, the ripe old age of 22, but I still feel that I've changed so much as a person. I think advice can be valuable at any age, so I love reading these kind of posts. 
1. That guy that you're determined you're going to marry? The one that only thinks you only look great in a dress and if you do your hair a certain way? He's not the one for you. Don't spend your time with anyone who thinks you're less than amazing.

2. Your true friends will always be there for you. Don't waste your time on friends who don't care about you. Make sure your friends know how much you love and care about them! 

3. Don't let people talk down your dreams. All of this advice so far sounds super cliche but I have to say, it's true. When I was in sixth form I wanted 3 As at A-level. I told one of my teachers this, who then laughed at me, before telling me I was being unrealistic. Sad 16 year old Lucy then went into her dorm room and started crying. When I got the results I wanted on the day, I wanted to go up to her and ell her that I'd proved her wrong. I realised that she wouldn't even remember the moment I was talking about because it wasn't significant to her, but it was significant to me. 

4. Put down Vogue and walk way. The images of women in fashion magazines are unrealistic and you're great the way you are. 

5. Stay young. So many people in their teens (and still in their 20s) are determined to get married, have children and be adult. Why are you doing this. Yes, being an adult has its perks. If I eat an entire tube of pringles mum isn't there to tell me off. BUT it also has its pitfalls. Ever heard of council tax? electricity bills? car insurance? THE LIST IS ENDLESS. You're adult life is a lot longer than your teenage life so embrace it - you have all the time in the world to be an adult so just have fun being young (I still am!). 

I know they're all things you've heard before, but they're so important to remember!

Love & hugs,




No comments:

Post a Comment