Sunday 21 February 2016

5 Ways to CHILL OUT



Hi Friends,

This week has been half term which you think would be nice and relaxing but actually I found it really stressful. This next week I want to find lots of ways to help me relax and reduce anxiety so I started to make a list of things I want to do! All of these photos are from when I've genuinely done all of these things to relax, I didn't want to do all of them in one day and take photos just for this blog post because it didn't feel very genuine.



1) Have a Lush bath



This is an obvious one but Lush make the most amazing bath bombs and bubble bars that firstly, make the bath water look amazing and colorful and bubbly and secondly, it softens your skin so much!

2) Go for a long walk



When I was doing degree work with my friend in October we went for a long walk to help us chill out and it was such a great break. This is about 5 minutes from my flat which is amazing, I definitely need to go there more in the summer!

3) Read a book



Sometimes if I'm stressed this isn't a good one, because it means I can't focus and read the words, but it can also put me in a completely different place. In January I read the book 1984 which I did a blog post on here and I recently posted about relaxing coffee table books here which are fun and creative.

4) Do some baking!


I love baking - I know it gets messy and silly but you end up with a fantastic treat! I've been baking banana bread most recently because I tend to forget about my bananas and they go off, the recipe I use for that is here.

5) Colour in...



Okay, I know these have become super popular lately, but I LOVE my adult colouring books. If I can put on a film and then be colouring for a few hours. I know it's not everyones cup of tea but as someone who's art obsessed - I adore it.

I hope you've had a relaxing week end and I'll definitely be putting these into action more this week!

Love & Hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment