Friday 22 January 2016

The Earth without Art is just Eh...



Hi Friends,

For art this week I want to talk to you about a really exciting project my colleagues and I are embarking on. We all say we 'don't have enough time' for our own art work, as we're so busy with work. This isn't true. You ALWAYS have time for things like that, it's whether you MAKE time for it.


So, this month 2 of my art teacher colleagues have decided that we're each taking a concertina journal home. We fill in a few pages with whatever we want. If we want to do one page that's fine, if you want to do 10 that's also fine. Then you set a date and decide that is the day you will all switch journals. This way we are all then working in each others books for a further couple of weeks before switching again.

This is such a challenge for me for a number of reasons. Firstly, I'm so self conscious when it comes to my own art and showing other people. It's personal and I'm not very good at sharing personal things. Secondly, I know I'm going to be SO scared about ruining the other artists books, that I'll create something hideous that they won't like. Thirdly, this FORCES me to do art, or I'm letting down the team! These are three scary reasons why this project is so perfect for me, to get me out of my comfort zone. I really need pushing when it comes to this and I'm so excited.

For this post I thought it would just be nice to share with you my first page and the idea in case any of you out there are up for the challenge! I am by NO means saying that you need to be an artist to do this, I think it's a great idea for anyone. I'm sure down the line I will be sharing with you more of my journal when it gets back to me for the second time, who knows what amazing work will be in it by then!

I hope you are well and that this challenge puts you in the creative mood...

Love & hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment