Hi Friends :)
I'm trying to think of sweet, cheap, alternatives to couples who go crazy and spend loads of money on valentines day. My boyfriend and I don't celebrate Valentines day, but I like to bake for him all the time. This week end I'm making a banana loaf and I thought it could be a really nice gift for your partner this valentines day!
You will need:
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons apple juice
125g unsalted butter
2 large eggs
250g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of agave nectar (or honey)
So here we go...
1) Obviously, preheat your oven. For this recipe you want 180C, lightly grease your pan with olive oil.
2) Then there's the fun! Peal 3 bananas and mash them in a small bowl with a fork, making sure your mixture isn't too smooth. Make sure these bananas have been sitting on the side for a while and look super ripe - that's when they're best for banana bread! Add 2 tablespoons of apple juice for a really nice flavor if you want to!
3) Then in a bigger separate bowl beat 125g of unsalted butter with a wooden spoon! Add two large eggs and beat them in one at a time.
4) Lastly you fold in 250g of self-raising flour, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of agave nectar. This adds a little sweetness to your banana bread without adding heaps and heaps of sugar!
5) Add the mushed bananas to the mixture and gently stir them in. And voila! A speedy banana bread on a Saturday afternoon! It then needs to be added to the loaf tin and to bake for about 40 minutes, but do check it as peoples ovens tend to be a bit different.
Allow your banana bread to cool and ta-da! It's done.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that you're having a lovely week end.
Love & hugs,