Saturday 5 December 2015

Day 5 - Baking up a storm!



Hi Friends :)

I've decided that for the first recipe for December it HAD to be Tanya Burr's cookies. This is my go-to recipe when it comes to cookies and my boyfriend and sister LOVE them. It's his birthday today so I thought this would be a nice treat for him :) This recipe can be found on Tanya's blog and all over the internet but in case you haven't made them yet, GIVE IT A GO BY FOLLOWING THESE STEPS!



You will need...
-300g Caster Sugar
-200g Butter
-1 large egg
-276g Self-raising flour
-75g Cocoa powder
-100g white chocolate
-100g milk chocolate



BUT I always half this recipe because half of the recipe makes about 6 cookies which is plenty for me and my friends!

Begin by the boring bit, pre-heat your oven to 200C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper... then for the fun! Firstly, you have to mix the caster sugar and butter together. Now, I've only tried it ONCE with an electric whisk and the cookies just weren't the same in the end so I do recommend trying this step by hand! Then add in the egg and stir it all together. Add your dry ingredients about a third at a time or it will get too much to mix in. Definitely do this step by hand or there will be flour EVERYWHERE...


The thing that is so special about these cookies are the individual chunks of chocolate. So get to work on breaking up the chocolate bars and adding them into the mix. I use my hands to separate the mixture into 6 blobs and then put them onto trays. I cook mine for 10 minutes and then take them out, even if they look like they need more time! This means your cookies will cool and harden a little bit but still have the softness inside - THE PERFECT COOKIE. 


Now, cookie cooling time is crucial. SO, I decorated my Christmas tree and got everything ready for me to watch I'm a celebrity in bed... which starts in 5 minutes! Perfect timing. I hope you all try this recipe out, I know it's a little bit adapted from Tanya's but they're similar enough. Have fun baking (but mainly eating) these delicious cookies. 



Love & hugs as always,



3 comments:

  1. It looks soo good! Can't wait to give this one a try x

    http://indiehobbit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look divine! Simple instructions too, I'll give em a go! x

    Louise
    http://louiseplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these look delicious! December is just the perfect season for getting cozy and baking as much as possible!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete