Saturday 19 December 2015

Day 19 - Food for thought...

Hi Friends :)

It's really hard to be healthy this time of year. Lets face it, this month I've posted recipes for 2 types of cookies and mince pies! It's also super boring to eat salad all the time so I wanted to post some healthyish meals that aren't a salad! I'm not saying that this is the healthiest food to eat, but it's not pizza followed by chips followed by sugarsugarsugar. I wanted to find 3 meals that are really quick, 'rushing out the door' meals. I'm not going to photograph my food by displaying it as a piece of art work on my plate as if I do that every day... let's get real, NO ONE has time for that! I won't be arranging my strawberries in concentric circles. It's what I ate Friday, so here we go!

Meal 1: Breakfast



For breakfast I had yoghurt, banana and strawberries. What's great about this one is that it takes barely any time to prepare, all you have to do is cut up the fruit, much quicker than a fry up! Don't get me wrong, a fry up is my favourite, but it was a healthy day.

Meal 2: Lunch



Lunch was a Higgidy 'Little spinach & roasted red pepper quiche' and a LOT of sweetcorn (I cooked too much!) I had a small break from degree work and watched some Greys Anatomy whilst eating it! I love this because you just put it in the oven for 20 minutes and it's done, there's no extra work. So whilst I'm going crazy reading degree books, I don't have to stop and prepare food.

Meal 3: Dinner


Okay I'm not sure what to call this... it's a bit like special fried rice but it's not because I use quinoa in stead. It's a mix of quinoa, minced meat, onion and egg. It's super simple. Some days I add more ingredients including peppers, garlic, spring onions and tomatoes but this is the simplest version. Start boiling the quinoa first in one pan. Then in a separate frying pan I put in the onions until they're slightly brown, and then cook the meat. Just when it's all ready to be combined the last thing is to scramble an egg in there for egg fried quinoa! (Doesn't have the same ring as 'Egg fried rice' does it?!) I put salt on mine because my blood pressure is low, but don't do that unless you want to!

There we go! Throw in a couple of cups of tea and about 8 glasses of water and that was what I ate Friday! My tasty, not-as-bad-as-pizza, meals that AREN'T as boring as salad. Please share any quick semi healthy recipes you make!


Love & hugs,





11 comments:

  1. Great post! I want to try having a similar breakfast. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so yummy and obviously you can change up the fruit, sometimes I add granola or cinnamon to make it more interesting! Thanks for commenting xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I will add that it's been quite hard to eat healthy this year, even though I knew I was going to Cancun on holiday right after Christmas. I just can't deny myself alcohol, chocolate and carbs. It can't happen! xx

      Delete
    2. I've been the exact same this year but trying to change for 2016, we can do it together! But alcohol, chocolate and carbs are also super important.
      Lucy xoxo

      Delete
  3. Just read this post after eating some cookies...oop! Love these kinds of posts though, maybe it's the nosy person in me? Your breakfast looks delicious too, sometimes some of the quicker meals are the most delicious I think!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting :) It's great to be nosy about other peoples food, it's good for extra inspiration!
      Lucy xoxo

      Delete
  4. OMG SO NICE!!!!!! THATS HELLA SWEETCORN.

    Follow me?

    Annabel, lots of love, hugs and kisses. Bae <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a weirdo. Love you long time bumchum,

      Lucy xoxo

      Delete