Friday 18 December 2015

Day 18 - 2015 Reflections...

Hi Friends :) 

Today I wanted to make the post a little more personal and reflect on some of my favourite memories of 2015. I feel like everyone always says 'this was simultaneously the best and worst year of my life', but I can't say that for 2015. It was just the best. I've had much worse, this year brought me happiness and of course stress but the goods outweigh the bad. 

So I wanted to talk through a few highlights, and this took a LONG time to narrow down. 

In March I visited my sister who was living in New York. That city always feels like home, I have NO idea why because I'm a country girl, not a big city girl, but there's something about that place that I find magical. Don't get me wrong, I know it has its flaws but it suits me. All we did was eat amazing food and spend time together and I loved that. Four whole days with just her, talking about art and boys and food. 



I had an incredible summer. I feel like the entire year is always preparing for those 2 months off (I work at a school). This summer I went to Ed Sheehan's concert with two amazing friends. He's so talented and his voice is so beautiful. It was a really fun day and I felt so lucky. 


I also ended up hosting my first ever mini hen party this year! My friend above in the photo of us at the Ed Sheeran concert got MARRIED this summer which is CRAZY. The whole event was beautiful, it was so creative and felt perfect for her. We work together in a school art department so, although it wasn't her main hen party, I wanted to make it special. I invited round all of the colleagues she's friends with and decorated the flat. I had little bowls of cereal (her favourite snack) and ordered her some presents from the whole group. I got her a personalized art apron that said her new surname on it, and a feather charm for her bracelet. It was really nice to spend an evening with colleagues without us all discussing things that are work related. Although I was stressed that I wouldn't do it well, she seemed happy and I'm glad we had a good night. 


Another amazing trip I went on with my family was to Singapore. It's such a beautiful, small country, it was so nice exploring it with them, but I'll post about that trip another time! I got to visit my friend Hong who lives there. She has a beautiful soul, it was so great to spend time with her. 




I also spent a few days in Spain with my two best friends (who happen to be sisters). I love spending time with these two munchkins because they always know how to make me happy. I got to relax after the chaotic school year, I'm so happy they invited me. 


I had one of my best friends come and visit me who lives in Denmark. Jeanne and I met during our gap years, we both went to work in China and ended up sharing an apartment. After spending that month with her I genuinely wasn't sure if I'd be able to see her again until one evening when she said she was in London visiting. Since then I've been to stay with her for a week and this summer she came to stay with me. We went to see Wicked the musical, visited Brighton, shopped in London and so so so many more fun things together. She's a truly incredible person and I love being around her I cried for an hour when I dropped her off at the airport! Good news is she's just told me she can visit me for a week end towards the end of January! (insert excited little wiggle here). 


In October Dannie (the re-curring brunette) and I went to visit Annie (the re-curring blonde - annabelreid13.blogspot.co.uk) in Edinburgh as she goes to Uni there. Just to get a few days away from home really cleared my head. We spent a LOT of the time doing degree work but it didn't matter, just a change of scene and their company was enough for me to have a great trip. 


Towards the end of the year I met a particularly special man and became very 'floopy'. This is a word in Lucy's dictionary. It means that you suddenly become very forgetful, you start daydreaming more and you become irrational. I'll give you an example. If one of my friends said to me that they were spending their evening gardening I'd think nothing of it. However, if mystery new boyfriend said he spent the evening gardening I suddenly thought it was the cutest thing in the world... see what I mean?! IRRATIONAL. He makes me so happy, so I guess 'floopy' really just means distracted by a boy. 

I'm not going to discuss the low points of 2015 (in this post) because although there were some dips and some emotional moments I've actually had a hell of a year with my best friends by my side and I couldn't be more thankful to them for putting up with me. 

I hope you have also had a fantastic 2015 - It's been so nice for me to reflect on my highlights!

Love & hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awww thank you, that's such a lovely comment! I hope you've had a great 2015 xoxo

      Delete
  2. I use the word floopy too! It's from Friends. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you!!! Now I don't feel so crazy. People always ask me to define it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow you travelled so much! Its so lovely to hear that this year has been one of your best. The photo of you and your friend in front of the fairy lights at the mini hen is so cute :)
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling always seems to be the highlight of my year, I love it! Thanks for commenting,
      Lucy xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've loved reading about the reflections of the year because it definitely makes a big difference to see how far you've come. Although it may not seem like anything's been accomplished, it definitely has. Loved reading your personal reflections xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been an amazing year and I hope it has for you too. Although most posts are about products or items it's nice to put in some personal bits every now and then. Thanks for commenting,
      Lucy xoxo

      Delete