Monday 13 April 2015

Make Up for Lost Time

Hello friends,


I thought I'd start with the obvious post for this category, what's in my day-to-day make up bag? By no means are these necessities but they are helpful when I end up staying at a friends house unexpectedly or if I go out to dinner straight from work (I don't really wear make up to work, except mascara).  

The first thing is the bag! It's from Paper Planes and I love it. I think the design is super cute and it's small enough to ensure that I don't excessively overpack.

First in the bag is the nail varnish I am currently wearing in case of any major chips or if I get paint or charcoal on them (it happens more often than you'd think). For now this is 'Go Ginza' by Essie - I've been super excited to brush the dust off my spring pastel nail varnishes and start wearing them again!

Face products that I take are:
1) Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - it's a SUPER lightweight foundation, sometimes I take Nars sheer glow, either one will do!
2) Mac studio finish concealer in the shade NW15 which is also interchangeable with Nars creamy concealer. I think its a good one to carry around because it blends easily into my skin without having to use a brush.
3) Mac mineralize skinfinish natural in the colour 'light' because I'm ghost white and I think the finish is really nice.


Now for the fun bits! Colourful face products:
1) Nars multiple in Luxor which is a really nice highlighter and I don't need a brush to blend it in
2) Mac blush in Mocha, which is just a really pretty matte colour which i think suits my colouring...hopefully!
3) The Body Shop bronzing powder in light matte (basically, the products in the pictures will be the palest shade possible!) I take this because it's very natural and it has a mirror which is helpful when you're out and about!


Okay. I am OBSESSED with the new Roller Lash mascara by Benefit. OBSESSED. I couldn't even number these ones because I got too excited to say how insanely good this mascara is. I think it's the best one I've ever tried (big statement). The other eye products are the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl and the Supercat eyeliner. The smoulder kohl is great because there's a built in sharpener in the top of it which has been more useful when I'm out for drawing pencils than for the eyeliner, whoops.

I take these two lipsticks:
1) Tom Ford Blush Nude is always in my bag because it's wearable and an easy every day, neutral colour.
2) Right now I'm wearing the YSL rouge volupte in Peach Passion (number 13). Its a very summery colour and I'm trying to stop wearing my winter shades. The smell of YSL lipsticks is delicious but I've never been able to pinpoint what it smells like. Even if you're not fussed on the colours or consistency (which I am) go and smell one!

                           

Lastly, is a rollerball perfume which is Elizabeth and James in Nirvana White which I ADORE! The notes are Muguet, peony and musk (eh?) I find it really hard to imagine scents but I really recommend that you go and get a whiff of this thing because its so good. The Olsen twins? Good job! *claps* 

I hope you're all having a lovely monday
Love & hugs





18 comments:

  1. That nail varnish is such a pretty shade!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! I think all the Essie shades are beautiful.
      Love your blog :)
      Lucy xoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are all reeeaaally pretty! And I kinda have a crush on your rings...
    nessiiiebloggie.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are all reeeaaally pretty! And I kinda have a crush on your rings...
    nessiiiebloggie.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to start using my proper camera in stead of my iPad but it's so much quicker!
      Lucy xoxo

      Delete
  6. I really want to try out a YSL lipstick, however i don't know if they are worth the money, what do you think? i have previously used lipsticks such as mac x
    http://pastelandfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca :) personally, I think Mac have a bigger colour range and typically the pigmentation is stronger. I like the YSL ones because they're a bit less strong, very natural and I love formulation, it feels smoother to me :) but it all depends on what you like, I love the Mac ones if I want a stronger colour. Maybe try them in store a bit first, alternatively the YSL glossy stains are AMAZING! (Sorry for the ramble, I have a lipstick addiction!) they are a bit pricy though x

      Delete
  7. I so want to try YSL lipstick !!

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try one - I love think they're amazing :) Thanks for reading xoxo

      Delete
  8. That makeup bag is just perfect and so on point. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lipstick and highlight looks great! Lovely post♥

    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. mac studio fix concealer and the body shop bronzer are two of my favourites, great post! I love your makeup bag it's super cute!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Essie nailpolish color is so cute! <3
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete