For the first post under the category 'What I'm Loving Wednesday' I started to look around my flat and straight away found about 30 things I ADORE but wanted to trim down my selection for this post! Out of the top 10 things I'm LOVING there seems to be a lot of books, which wasn't my intention at all! (and I cheated at little bit...) It was really hard to decide what to include but let's get into it!
1) Moroccan Lanterns - oh my. These are so beautiful. The larger one was a birthday present from my sister and the other was purchased by me more recently. They're both form Home Sense (dribble dribble, great home shop!!) and I adore them. I love mixing metal and wood and I think they look really beautiful by my balcony.
2) The next is succulents... which may seem REALLY boring to you but having plants in the flat has made SUCH a big difference to my mood this month. It brings life to the flat (literally) and it makes my living room feel a lot fresher. A few years ago I never would have thought that one of the main things I'm loving is plants. How time flies. My balcony is COVERED in flowers!
3) Ways of Seeing - John Berger. Okay, I'm not 100% sure ANYONE will care about this one, but this is an art history book which I find REALLY helpful. Most of my textbooks include sentences which take up half a page, they seriously boggle my brain. This book is super relaxed, easy to read and I love the writers style. This was given to me by one of my lovely friends Dani, who also did an Art History degree (thank you Dani!).
4) Topshop Shoes. Just look at them. These shoes make me so happy, I adore the pattern and they're flats so I can wear them comfortably at work when I have to clamber about putting up displays. Well done Topshop, well done *claps excitedly*
5) HOLY MOLY. Chanel Chance just smells so good, I have NO idea what's in it, so I'm looking it up to tell you the notes! 'The unexpected floral fragrance by Chanel, for women who know that in order to be lucky, you have to believe in chance!' good advertising Chanel. The website says that the main notes are Jasmine, Vanilla and Orris, which would make sense because Jasmine and Vanilla are two of my favourite scents. Either way, go and ask for a sample because I adore it!
6) Tea...okay. Some of my friends think I may have a problem here, but I'm not so sure *hangs head in shame*. I love tea! (evidently) I think its really soothing and after a long day at work I love taking 5 minutes to sit down with a cup of tea and relax.
7) Isn't Juno an amazing film? I remember the first time i saw this yearrrrrrrrs ago, when it first came out. Recently I was spring cleaning my art drawers and wanted to watch a film at the same time. I saw this on my shelves and thought I'd watch it because I hadn't seen it in ages. If you didn't see it when it first came out then go and watch it now! Or even if you have seen it, have a relaxing evening watching it again because I think it's witty, fun, and moving.
8) Who said colouring in was just for children? Another book... this colouring in book is called 'Secret Garden' and has recently become extremely popular! I was given mine for Christmas (I think!) and I adore it. Since then I've seen it everywhere so they should be easy to find in Smiths or Waterstones. Whenever I'm super stressed and need some 'me' time I put on a film and colour in, I'm basically a 5 year old.
9) Nail Varnishes - whenever I'm a little stressed, or things aren't going quite right I have no nail varnish on. I'm not sure how it happens, but it always ends up being the biggest indication that something is wrong with me, my nails will be colourless. However, as soon as I start to get out of my funk the first thing I do is paint my nails which is why I've just started loving polishes again! From my ridiculous collection, I adore all of these shades for summer. I recognise that the end Chanel shade doesn't exactly SCREAM beach walks and ice-cream but I can't exclude it! From left to right we have: Essie Fiji, Essie Sand Tropez, Essie Cute as a Button, OPI Significant Other Colour, Essie Lilacism, Essie Bikini so Teeny, Butter London Fiver and Chanel Rouge Noir.
10) Last but not least... books. Okay this is a MAJOR cheat because it should just be one book but I started pulling out books from my bookcase and then I couldn't choose one! I was going to choose Gone Girl because I ADORE that book, but then I saw Shock of the Fall and thought I couldn't exclude it. THEN I saw 'How to be a Woman' which I'd really REALLY recommend any girl/woman to read, it's amazing... and it went on like this until I had this pile of books! Clearly I can't go into detail with all of them, and this is only looking at the books in my Study, let alone the living room and bedroom, but they're all great, I promise!
So, although only 3/10 were books, this final list was after I had taken out a cook book and a coffee table book which would have made it 5/10! I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday. I've been back at work today, which I love but it's tiring on top of the degree work. But this evening I'm off to the theatre to see 'Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time' which is the best play I have ever seen, so I'm a TAD excited!
Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments on my previous post - I'm really grateful for your kind words :)
Have a great week,
Love & Hugs,