Saturday 4 April 2015

A Delicious Berry Breakfast...

Hi Friends :) 
Sizzling Saturday is a bit of a misleading category, it just means FOOD! Some mornings I end up lying in bed just a TAD too long to sit down and have a 'proper' breakfast (the most important meal of the day... Whoops?!) and when I say 'some' mornings, I mean most mornings! Those days I always make a smoothie because they're healthy, quick and will stop me snacking in the office. This is especially important for me because somehow our office is always full of chocolate! 

A smoothie recipe I use is a blend of blueberries, strawberries and bananas. Now, by NO MEANS am I a health expert, my friends know I love my unhealthy food too, but this is just my version of a smoothie breakfast. Firstly I use a Breville blender because they're affordable and super easy to use! You can buy one on amazon for £25, it's worth it. My aunt bought me mine as a house warming gift when I moved into my flat (thanks auntie Ann!). 


The ingredients: 
One banana 
3 large strawberries 
A handful of Frozen blueberries (this is to make it cold, alternatively add ice and unfrozen berries)
1 tablespoon Cacao nibs 
1 tablespoon Chia seeds 
1 teaspoon Flaxseed 
A dash of Almond milk (you can use regular milk) 

First I broke up the banana and cut up the strawberries into smaller chunks and threw it in the bottle with the blueberries. Blueberries are one of my favourite superfoods, high in vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese and other antioxidants... basically, they're great and really yummy!
                                   


I measured out the different seeds and cacao nibs and poured them in. My chia seed bag tells me they are full of omega 3, fibre, protein and antioxidants. Flaxseed is a good source of iron, zinc, magnesium... I feel like I'm just listing the periodic table, all you have to know is it's good! Once they're all added I attached the blade onto the bottle and blend away!

                 

Now, if you're running out the door (as I usually am) then you can take the bottle off the blender, attach a drinking lid and go, but today I'm in the flat (spring cleaning!) so I poured mine into a glass.

                

There you go! A yummy sweet breakfast smoothie to start the day with all natural ingredients. Blend, pour, slurp, enjoy! 

Love & hugs,







2 comments:

  1. This is FAB! So happy you started this, am quite inspired to restart mine... Hmmm <3
    Looks super yummy btw. Love the periodic table ref.
    Hehehee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - do it! Restart!
      I will enjoy it :)
      xxx

      Delete